Thursday, November 17, 2011

LDI Video/Slide Show

I wasn't given a lot of time but thought the challenge sounded fun and ... well, challenging.

When I worked on the pictures, I had a moment of frustration with one of the managers (who I have been less than impressed with in the past) who told me she was fine with me coming to take pictures but she couldn't see how "photographs will tell the story." She was very resistant through the entire conversation on the phone as well as while doing the photo shoot! I finally told her, "this is what I do; tell stories through pictures, so let me do what I do best." She left me alone after that. :)

All the other managers, though, were fantastic and immediately caught the vision and were asking me to try this shot and that angle and this room and that employee. Many had their staff "be the patient" so that we could get pictures of patient interaction. It was really fun.

When I put the pictures to the music that was written and sung by Jake Hendriksen (of Jake of the Web) , I was moved by the emotion of the song and the pictures I had collected and I really think it tells the story I wanted it to tell.

It was presented on Thursday by Hospital Administration to the hospital leaders through the LDI.
Here's the video/slide show:

4 comments:

Unknown said...

That is an awesome video Tina!!! I think that I'm going to nominate you for the Golden Globe Hospital Video award! :)

Mark said...

Good job on the video!

Mom of 12 said...

That's awesome! Thanks for visiting my blog.
Sandy

Jess said...

Very impressed ! You are amazing and amazingly talented!

Your blog doesn't update on my blog roll lately so every time I remember to visit I get to catch up on all your goings on. You've been busy!