Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays because there's such a sober mellowness to it. Christmas is so crazy! Thanksgiving is just mellow and relaxing (unless you are the one making all the food, I guess).

This year, we started out the day at my mom's house for a very small quiet meal: Just me, Eric, Richard and my mom. The food, of course, was amazing. This year my mom brined the turkey and then cooked it with the breast side down to absorb the liquid for moisture. After flipping it over (which was no small task), she broiled it quickly to make the skin crispy. It was amazing!! Truly!
I had to take this picture of my mom and brother asleep on the couch:
After her dinner, we went to Eric's dad's house for another Thanksgiving. Laura's food is always amazing! My favorite is her Bourbon puppies...yum! I need that recipe to post it because it's delicious.
As we were driving to their house, I took this picture of an amazing (and perfect) sunset: This year, I made Eric's family sit down for a picture. I don't think people do this often enough and there are huge gaps in people's lives because no one will allow pictures to be taken of them. I literally made them (and begged them) for a picture:
The rest of the pictures are posted on Flickr.

No comments: