Saturday, November 26, 2011

Festival of Trees Decorating

One way I stay busy (as if I need to add another way to my life) is from Meetup.com. I belong to a couple of groups, one of which is a volunteer group. One of the activities I joined was decorating this year's Festival of Trees Lobby. It was a lot of fun and a lot of work. I will definitely do it again next year.

We arrived in the morning to a very cold building where trucks were pulling into the main building from the opposite side and setting up their trees. Tables and walls went up in a matter of minutes. There were volunteers from all sorts of groups. It was pretty impressive to see.

Heather, the coordinator for PCMC, helped direct us to the pallets holding the saran wrapped Christmas trees. We pulled them off the pallets and 'fluffed' them up. After some fluffing, we placed and arranged them onto the large platforms.

We were all pretty tired when it was all completed, but it was really fun. I was so happy to have my mom with me.

Here are some of the pictures I took between working on trees:

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I loved going to the Festival of Trees when we lived in Utah. I noticed you on Heather's blog when she posted about helping with the festival. It's a small world!

Happy Holidays!!!

T.Irwin said...

You know Heather!? I met her for the first time at this event and thought she was amazing!!!

She's probably waiting for me to send her the pictures. :)