Tuesday, November 15, 2011

University of Utah Hospital Photoshoots

I was honored to be asked to put together a slide show for the Leadership Development Institute (LDI)at the University of Utah Hospital. The LDI is an all day training and motivation for all directors, managers and supervisors at the University Hospital. I used to attend when it included other leaders (like trainers) but the size has been reduced to leaders in a management role. The LDI theme was based on making change for a continued better perception.

The slide show I was asked to create was to include pictures that may or may not already exist from the public affairs office. It would also need to include pictures I would take. The pictures were to be compiled to tell the story of the growth, both physical as well as in the caliber of employee, of the University Hospital since it opened it's door in the 1960s.

I met with the public affairs office (which is a job I want to have in the future) and given many amazing pictures. I tracked down pictures of the University before it opened and the various expansion projects.

I emailed managers who were identified as leading groups that are increasing their patient satisfaction scores. I was surprised at the low number of response by these managers to be recognized through pictures in this way. The ones that did respond, however, were amazing, and it was clear why their teams are doing so well in the eyes of our patients.

Here are some of my favorite pictures taken during the several days I met with various floors, units and departments.

From UNI, a couple of pictures:
From NAC unit at the main hospital:
More from UNI (housekeeping staff):
Huntsman Hospital:

No comments: