Wednesday, May 26, 2010

New Camera

I'm almost giddy with excitement *blink* *blink* - I finally decided to get the camera I really want. After weighing out the benefits of this camera to that camera and discussing it with EVERYBODY who has an opinion on DSLR cameras (Cannon vs. Nikon vs. Olympus vs. Sony), I finally decided to go with the Nikon D90. AND I love it! I can't stop taking pictures of everything to test out EVERY SINGLE setting and lighting and angle. And now, of course, I have the various lenses I "just have to have" all lined up for my Birthday and Christmas wish lists.

My poor dogs hate it when it comes out of the bag. If I had kids, they would hate it too. Literally, my dogs hide they faces under their paws. Tamika even sighed at me the other day. If a dog could roll his eyes, Casey came as close as possible to that last night. SO, I will be testing it out and attending workshops and going everywhere to take pictures of everybody I know. Ha ha ha ha!

So I thought I would post pictures I have taken with my various cameras as I've upgraded over the past couple of years. It seems that I like to take pictures of the Cathedral of the Madeleine from the balcony of our downtown building. So here they are:
2007 - Coolpix 3100:
2008 - Coolpix S51:
2009 - Nikon P80:
2010 - Nikon D90: The P80 has taken some really fantastic pictures, and I am keeping it with me (once I get a dial repaired). But the D90 is fun and will be used, as well. Yay!
So Mark, Shauna, Jess and Amy: if you have any suggestions on lenses and/or any other suggestion, send them my way. Anybody else, the suggestion is ALWAYS welcome.

3 comments:

Maria Babin said...

nice! oh, i'm dreaming of a new powerful camera! i'm jealous! and you must be having so much fun ;) enjoy.

Jess said...

My suggestions? We should actually get together instead of always talking about it! :) And let ME pick YOUR brain. Amazing photo's Tina. You have the touch with ANY camera you hold. So excited for you!

Unknown said...

I agree with Jess' comment. You have a knack with any camera. However, you are going to LOVE how much this new camera is going to help you out with your talent.

My favorite lense which is almost always on my camera is the nikon 50mm 1.4. The pictures taken with it are SOOO much sharper than my other lenses!